Here at Soar Mill Cove Hotel we are currently recruiting reliable and enthusiastic individuals to join our team within our 4 star hotel and restaurant.
See current vacancies below.
If you are interested in a career or a summer job then please apply with your CV with a covering letter and current photo to Becky Makepeace
Waiting Staff (Now – November)
Soar Mill Cove Hotel are recruiting a full time waiter/waitresses. Previous experience is desired and a willingness to learn and a ‘can-do’ personality is essential.
For immediate start to November with possible winter hours for the right candidates.
This role involves:
- Ensuring all Guests are given a warm welcome, and a first-class service, setting the scene for a great experience at our restaurant and hotel.
- Displaying excellent product knowledge to help guests make the best choices from our menu.
- Ensuring all Guests are treated in a professional manner, taking orders promptly and answering queries.
- Ensuring all areas in the restaurant and bar are clean and tidy at all times.
- Support the kitchen with food service to ensure guests receive their food in a timely manner.
- Work on the bar, creating coffees and hot drinks, and providing a professional bar service to guests
- Assisting other team members when necessary
- Upselling other areas of the hotel, such as Spa treatments and accommodation.
This role will involve working evenings, weekends and bank holidays.
Applicants must be available throughout July, August and October Half Term.
Live in accommodation available.
Full time and part-time roles available.
£9.50 per hour + tips.
General Assistant (Now – November)
This role involves;
- Working between housekeeping and kitchen porter positions
- Maintaining high levels of cleanliness and presentation throughout guest bedrooms, public areas and self-catering units
- Reporting any maintenance issues to the management team
- Communicating with guests and responding to requests in a friendly and professional manner.
- Ensure kitchen cleanliness and hygiene is maintained at all times
- Wash all cooking utensils, pots and crockery through the day
- Manage the chemical and disposables supplies
- Manage the refuse and recycling store to keep organised and tidy
- Unloading deliveries
- Assisting the kitchen team as required
- Maintain a clean, organised work environment
- Kitchen close down at the end of the day
This role will involve working weekends and bank holidays and applicants must be available throughout July & August and October Half Term.
Average 40h per week. £9.50 per hour + tips.
Commis Chef (Now until November)
This role involves:
- Ensuring the smooth running of your area of work, and working together with all team members and the Head Chef
- Ensuring the highest standard of hygiene & cleanliness to ensure safe food preparation
- Providing a safe and secure environment by adhering to the company Health & Safety and Food Safety policies ensuring all areas are compliant with audit requirements
- Delivery of exceptional food standards
- Preparing fresh ingredients, cooking meals and plating dishes as required throughout your shift according to customer requirements
- Assisting the Head Chef in keeping the Kitchen, stores and ancillary departments running smoothly during service
- Ensuring your personal grooming reflects the company standards
- To carry out any other duties reasonably requested by a member of the Management Team
This role will involve working evenings, weekends and bank holidays and applicants must be available throughout July, August and October Half Term.
Average 40h per week. Competitive rates + tips.
In all roles successful candidates must:
- Must have good English skills
- High standards and excellent attention to detail
- Enjoy working part of a team in a busy fast pace environment
- Flexible in relation to the days and hours of work
- Previous experience working within a similar environment
- Have a “can do” attitude is essential
- Smart appearance
- Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK
Please be advised that if you have not received a response within 14 days, please assume that your application has not been successful on this occasion, but we may retain your application to advise you of future opportunities.
In some cases have live-in accommodation available.